Positive Psychology and Psychosynthesis are Psychologies of Love, Hope and Joy David Ward
At the Positive Psychology Centre we run a number of different Positive Psychology, Psychosynthesis and Soul Psychology courses to suit different needs. Individuals can organise courses in their particular area or country.
An Orientation to Psychosynthesis 1 day
On this one day course you will learn not only what Positive Psychology and Psychosynthesis are, but also you will experience some of the liberating exercises that Roberto Assagioli and others developed.
We will talk about the nature of consciousness and the consciousness of potential that is often forgotten in the exploration of the unconscious.
We will examine the holistic approach to Psychology pioneered by Assagioli and how that relates to spirituality and the search for meaning in our lives.
Most people who do this day carry on to the more in depth study and experience of Psychosythesis in The Essentials course.
The Essentials of Positive Psychology and Psychosynthesis
5 days or 2 weekends
This intensive course examines the theoretical teachings of Psychosynthesis and Soul Psychology, as well as including practical exercises, visualisations and inner-work. The course is designed for both personal and professional development.
he Essentials of Positive Psychology and Psychosynthesis
This dynamic and stimulating course provides tools and techniques that are very useful for both our personal and professional development - as well as being the entry point for professional training in Positive Psychology and Psychosynthesis.
The course is of particular value to professionals interested in the practical applications of Positive Psychology, Psychosynthesis and Spiritual Psychology, to their own fields.
The course is a blend of deep experiential and theoretical work and comprises an intense experience spread over five days or 2 weekends.
Past students have told us that they find the experience of this course both moving and life enhancing - quite apart from the stimulating introduction to new models of the mind, consciousness and some fresh therapeutic methods.
The course also gives the opportunity to have an individual session with an experienced psychosynthesis counsellor. There is also the unique opportunity to observe other individual sessions and to talk to experienced counsellors, coaches and therapists about their practice.
During the course participants will learn about:
• Roberto Assagioli´s map of consciousness; the lower unconscious and the superconscious
• Working with mind, body, feelings, intuition and imagination
• Sub-personalities and how to work with them
• Living our potential and creating an ideal model of our future
• Assagioli and the Will. Developing our choice making
• The theory of visualisation and its uses
• This course helps us to understand and integrate some personal and spiritual dilemmas and experiences. There is lots of space for sharing in a very supportive atmosphere.
The Psychosynthesis One-Year Personal and Professional Development Course
At The Centre for Soul Psychology, we have developed a one-year course that examines the theoretical teachings of Psychosynthesis and Soul Psychology, as well as including practical exercises, visualisations and inner-work.
The course is designed for both personal and professional development.
Who will benefit from the course?
• For those who have chosen the spiritual path in life or are seeking the spiritual path, the course will enhance your spiritual experiences by deepening your understanding of the subject matter through many practical models and theoretical education. In addition, the integrated meditative and visualisation exercises will aid in expanding your spiritual perception.
• For those wanting to bring spirituality into their lives from a psycho-spiritual perspective (spirituality which includes psychology); the teachings will clarify the choices on this psycho-spiritual path while simultaneously giving the student a great amount of hands on personal experience.
• For those who already work as guides, practitioners or therapists in any field, the teachings of Roberto Assagioli’s theories, methods and models will help you recognise the interconnectedness of all therapies and systematic belief patterns. The course will give you a solid and practical framework for working with others.
The course also integrates other methodologies such as Jungian work, Gestalt practices, the work of the Institute of Heart Math, the theory and practice of intention, as well as teachings from many other spiritual practices. The course will give you many tools that can be easily integrated into your personal and professional life.
Although the course is not training for therapists, there is a continual emphasis on counselling and communication skills. The passing on of hands on guiding experience will be invaluable to anyone involved in or wishing to become involved in coaching or mentoring.
This is a very practical course and will give you a great understanding of spiritual perspectives in a straightforward, understandable way without sacrificing the depth of the knowledge. The straight-forward approach to the subjects makes the teachings understandable and meaningful to our modern life.
Previous students of this course have come from all walks of life, including both conventional and complementary medicine practices, television, music, the arts and business. There have also been teachers and many who have elected to stay at home and care for their own and other children. People have come from many different ethnic, cultural and religious backgrounds with a great variety of spiritual experiences. There, of course, have been people from both genders.
People are accepted on the course on the basis of how they will use the teaching to enhance their own personal and professional lives and their willingness to enhance the wellbeing of others and the planet.
Whilst this course has a solid theoretical background, there are many opportunities for putting the theory into practice such as working and practicing with others and while sharing experiences. The work is very deep but because we believe in learning through Joy it is also great fun.
All students will be expected to spend some time with a guide in individual sessions. We only take a small number of people on this course.
We understand the great distances some people might have to travel, therefore we are developing “distance learning” aspects of the course using written texts and communications technology. We are also interested in people setting up the courses in their own areas to which we would travel.
The course will primarily be taught at Shanti in Helsinki.
The course is taught in English with translation for those who need it.
For more information and to apply for a place on the course email or call David Ward: email@example.com or +358 50 331 0580.
HeartMind integrates the very latest research into neuroscience, positive psychology, biofeedback, psychophysiology, heart energies, immunology and computer technology to achieve these goals of wellbeing